Hello,

My partner and I are curious about some behavioral issues in our 17 month old dog, Gigi, that we adopted from a rescue back in January. Our other dog, Kiki, is 11 years old and we have had her since she was a puppy. She's a pitbull terrier mix, Very well behaved and has calm temperament, often submissive.

Gigi will sometimes lash out at our older dog Kiki. Sometimes is involved food, such as Kiki interrupting Gigi's dinner or getting to close to food. Sometimes it happens out of nowhere and we aren't sure what triggered it, but I will note that it's always around us. From our dogcam, they are very relaxed with each other when we are gone. Gigi will also give Kiki a hard time when she tries to jump on the couch or bed, she barks and kind of bullies her. It seems that it is escalating and she is starting to actually bite our other dog.

Below is Gigi's backstory. Please let us know if you have advice on how to help this behavior.

Gigi, 17 month old miniature schnauzer Pomeranian mix. Her backstory is that her original owner passed away leaving the owner's daughter to take care of Gigi. This person had 5 other dogs and we are not sure of the situation, but she took Gigi to a rescue. Gigi was adopted then returned, and also moved to a few different fosters. I'm assuming she wasn't properly socialized and maybe a bit bullied, so want to ensure we are correcting this behavior in an appropriate way.