Hello all,

I have a Boerboel female, now 15 months old. We have done the basic training with her and she has been really good behaving dog since she was puppy. No barking unnecessarily, no aggression, gets well along with anyone, a little bit of chewing wrong things when she was younger but not anymore, listens and obeys well normally.

However, just now about a month ago (after she got her first period) she has started acting strange somewhat. When I played with her catch, she suddenly just started to look nervous and peed on the floor inside the house. As mentioned above, she has not done that for almost a year (since we completed her potty training). I was shocked at first and punished her verbally and stopped playing with her. Then the next time same exact thing happened again, and again and this time I punished her a little harder by giving her a slap. Which I probably should not have done, since she stopped completely playing with me after that.

Now slowly she has started to play with me again a little bit again and the same thing happened just today. After picking up the ball I threw, she stopped on the middle way and peed on the rug. She never does this with my wife. Only with me. I am kind of lost here. I hope someone could give me an advise?
Save